Once a year, we celebrate and recognise fatherhood across the UK. With this date fast approaching, Father’s Day in the UK is always celebrated on the third Sunday in June which this year falls on Sunday 17th June.
“Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” – Anne Geddes
Dad’s cannot always be the easiest to buy for but sending a card that you have taken time to find for your Dad can mean more to them, from a private joke to a pet name. Whatever type of card you choose it is great to make their day and see the smile appear on their face.
But now what message do I write?
It can be hard to know what to write as we don’t always say or show how we really feel. However, Father’s Day is a great time to remind your Dad / Step Dad / Someone who is like a Dad to you on how much you appreciate everything they have done for you.
We hope that the suggestions below can offer some great ideas or inspiration on what to write in your card this year, helping you to say ‘Thanks Dad’…
Dad To The Rescue Father’s Day Card
- “Some people don’t believe in heroes, but they haven’t met my dad.” Unknown.
- I have a Hero. I call him Dad.
- Dad you are my hero and my role model. Thank you for being here for me / us.
- You are truly my superhero in plain clothes. I can’t recall the number of times you bailed me out of sticky situations. I don’t know what I would do without you. I love you so much, Dad!
SuperDad Father’s Day Card
- No matter how busy you are with work, you always make time for us. I know that it’s not easy, but you still make it possible. That makes you a superhero in my eyes. I love you, Dad!
- No matter how old you become, you will always be a superhero in my eyes. Thank you for being such a wonderful dad. I love you!
- I don’t need a superhero who can fly, see the future, or read minds. I just need a dad who loves me and believes in me. Thanks for being that person for me, Dad. I love you!
Best Dad There’s Ever Bean Large Father’s Day Card
- You’re the best, Dad I love you.
World’s Bestest Daddy Blank Greetings Card
- I’m lucky as can be because the world’s best dad belongs to me.
Good Sense Of Humour Dad Father’s Day Card
- To me, you are the best father in the world. You know how to make me laugh. You know how to make me smile and make me feel confident about myself. Thank you for loving me, Dad. I love you.
Dad Hugs Are The Best Father’s Day Card
- You are the best “Dad” and my best friend.
Today is your day. Cheers!
- A hug from you feels like shelter from the storm. Thank you for always coming to my rescue when I need you. I love you, my dearest Dad
Quentin Blake Daddysaurs Father’s Day Card
- To the world best dad, Happy Father’s Day
- Roar means ‘I love you’ in Dinosaur
Dad’s First Father’s Day Card
- Even though this is only the beginning, it’s easy to see our baby loves you just as much as I do, Happy Father’s Day.
- Happy 1st Father’s Day! Being a father is the most important job a man will ever have.
- You’re a natural at this ‘daddy’ thing.
- You are off to a great start as a Dad. Happy 1st Father’s Day.
- My fingers may be small but I can still wrap Daddy around them.
Panda Daddy Father’s Day Card
Quentin Blake Daddy Time Father’s Day Card
- Anyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a daddy.
- Behind every great daughter / son is a truly amazing dad
Have a Cracking Father’s Day Card
- Thanks dad for everything you have done for me / us.
- A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow. Happy Father’s Day!
- I have the best memories growing up because of you, Dad. You made sure that I had the most normal and fun childhood. I am the person that I am now because of your love. I love you, Dad!
That’s Why They Invented Dads Father’s Day Card
- Don’t know where I’d be without you.
- Some people travel to feel happy. Others go out and party. Me? I just call my Dad. I love you, Dad!
- Dad we are so lucky to have you as a Dad and Grandad.
- If I had the chance to choose my dad, you would still be my 1st choice, I love you dad.
- Don’t tell Mom. The best advice you gave me. Happy Father’s Day.
- The best Dads get promoted to Grandpa.
- “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” – Pam Brown
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you, he shows you.” – Demitri The Stoneheart
- “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” – Anne Geddes
Sadly, some Dad’s may not be around, but it can still be a time to remember those fond memories or to celebrate people in your life who are just like a dad to you.
So, whatever you are planning for Father’s Day, have a good one!
Source: Best Wishes and Quotes